You are here
- Friday, February 10, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Monday, February 13, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 8:00pm
Inspired by Aristophanes’ Peace, an Athenian comedy written in 421 BCE, Houston’s adaptation of the play is set in a fable-like time in Eastern Canada. On the brink of war, two nations, The Realm and The Republic, hope to live in peace, something that each side defines in its own way. Houston’s serio-comic exploration reveals the complexities of both war and peace – their opportunities, fortunes, and failings. The production is commissioned by the Ryerson School of Performance, Toronto, Canada. Peace will also tour to Los Angeles after its Toronto premiere. Performed by the graduating BFA actors, designed and produced by the BFA Performance Production students, with professional Projection Design by Kristen Ferguson.
Please be advised, this performance contains the following:
Adult subject matter
Depicted sexual violence
$10 Group of 10+
$20 General Admission
* The participation of this Artist is arranged by permission of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association under the provisions of the Dance | Opera | Theatre Policy.
Student Learning Center
345 Yonge St